Copy & Paste This Code:Voting

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hunter and Stephens first Elk!!


As we come to an end of another hunting season you never know what kind of opportunity's will present themselves. I was lucky enough to be in the right place and have a good friend which helped make this all come about. In the fall I help guide on Castle Valley Ranch where as luck would have it they have a high fenced area that is home to 4 bull elk. Do to some strange events the owners decided to do away with the elk inside of the fence. Which is when the phone call came to see if i would like to let the boys come out and take there 1st big game animal. As you can see we were sucessfull. I didn't think getting the boys set up and helping them pick out the right bull would be that hard I was wrong. Once we got set up it was 1,2,3 fire.The bull was hit and then the excitment began. as I help to reload Stephens gun I turned to see Hunter back on his shotting sticks ready to go as the bull turn towards us Hunter squeezed the trigger and the bull went down. The boys had done it I wish every one could have seen the excitment. They were the two happest boys in the world!!
What a way to end another hunting season I couldn't have been happier with this years hunts and the funny thing is I never killed anything with horns.That goes to show how much fun you can have taking your wife and kids out.
The boys also were able to pass hunters safety this summer so there excited for this Saturday which will be the opening day of the pheasant hunt. Now they are official hunters so we'll see how they do.










5 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Nice work boys! You guys are so tough!

Tuesdee said...

WAHOO!!! Nice job Hunter and Stephen he is a MONSTER!! I bet you guys had a blast hunting him!!
Can't wait to come up and hear your awesome hunting stories!!! Can't wait to see all the pheasants you guys will get this year too!!

LOVE YA!

Scott Barclay said...

Awesome! That is so exciting, good shooting boys.

Kevin and Janae said...

Way to go boys!! we are proud aunts and uncles over here!! ha ha KIMBO... it was fun hanging out the other week and having you sleep over, I wish we would have taken pictures of your clothes that you wore to bed and send the pictures into instyle magazine or something.. dangit!! ha ha Hope things are going good.. miss ya like crazy. Give the kids my love!!

Mindy said...

That is so cool, I bet those boys were so pumped, I would have passed out.