Copy & Paste This Code:Voting

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008!

It has been a while since I posted last. Sorry! The boy's have been hunting and trapping. I could post more pictures, but, I think we have enough of those. For Thanksgiving this year me, Josh, and his parents went to Oahu, Hawaii. We flew out November 25th to San Fransico, then on to Hawaii. We Stayed up on the North Shore at the Turtle Bay Resort. It was very nice and right next to the ocean. Wednesday we headed to see the Pearl Harbor Monument. That was very sad! Then we went over to swap meet at the Hawaii Stadium. There were all kinds of different things for sale. After we spent a good chunk of money we headed to the Dole Plantation to see how they are grown. We had yummy pineapple icecream for a treat. They had a jewlery counter there where you could open clams for pearls. Diane and I ended up with a neclace and 2 pairs of earrings each. They definalely know how to get your money. We got black, yellow, pink, and white pearls between the 2 of us. It was pretty cool to see what color we would get, and if there were 1 or 2 pearls in each. We both got 2 sets of TWINS... that's how we ended up with 2 pair of earrings. The next day was Thanksgiving we went snorkeling with the pretty fish and even a sea turtle. It was way fun. We at a Thanksgiving buffet at the resort. (At $44 a person it might have been the most expensive dinner I have ever had on Thanksgiving. ) After dinner it was off or a game of golf at the George Fazio Course. (I guess a lot of Pro tounaments are held there.) Friday we went to the Hawaii Temple and went thrugh a session in the morning, and then spent the rest of the day at the Polynesion Center. That was very cool. We went to te luau there for dinner. Saturday we went down to Honolulu and went to the mall. It is huge! 4 levels and a lot of very expensive stores. Later that day we went on the submarine Atlantis and saw lots of pretty fish and even 2 small white sharks. We ate dinner at a buffet that had a huge aquarium with sting rays, eels,and all kinds of fish. It was very cool! We headed home Sunday. We only missed exits a couple of times and that is when we saw the really steep mtn. they looked like they were growing moss because they are so green. The spped limit is like 40 there. It would take us an hour to go 30 miles. They are very laid back there. The pro surfing contest for the pipeline was being filmed while we were there so it was fun to see the huge waves and all the people gathered to watch. Hawaii is a very beautiful place and we saw lots of cool things but I was ready to get back home. The kids stayed with my parents. They had so much fun they didn't even miss us. Thanks Mom and Dad and all of my family that helped out. I Love you! To see pictures of my kids Thanksgiving fun you can link to Kevin and Janae's Blog, or my Brother Kenny and Rachel's Blog.

7 comments:

Andria said...

WOW what a fun trip. I still think Hawaii is the BEST place to go for a vacation. It is relaxing and so beautiful. I am glad you had a good time.

Kim said...

What a fun Thanksgiving, I'm SO jealous! I could use some sun and sand about now! :)

Katie McCaul said...

Lucky girl! That sounds so fun. I would love a vacation right now. Your family is so cute.

Scottie and Tasha said...

I'm so glad pictures are finally posted!! I knew you'd get them on before my mom :) ha ha! Can't wait to get together for Christmas with our coconut bras and skirts!! ha ha ha

Tuesdee said...

That sounds like it was SO MUCH FUN! Wish we could have went with. :) Can't wait to see your treasures! We'll play at Christmas. Glad you posted pictures like Tasha said it will take days... if not months for my mom. :) ha ha ha
Tell everyone hi for me.

By the way, I went pheasant hunting with Stephen and Hunter at Thanksgiving. They were SO MUCH FUN! Check out our blog. :)

Mindy said...

I have been going to call and see how your trip went, good thing you blogged, it looked like you had tons of fun.

Janey and Jill said...

How fun! I LOVE Hawaii!

I have always wanted to stay at Turlte Bay! I'm jealous!